Saturday, September 29, 2012

Mobile Game Engines Site

I stumbled across the Mobile Game Engines site while I was looking for a Python to JavaScript converter.

I don't think that I'll find a converter that will convert a full Pygame game into JavaScript.  The GameJs library looks interesting since the drawing API is based on Pygame.

Another interesting project is pyjs, a Python-to-JavaScript compiler, AJAX framework, and Widget Set API.

Wikipedia has a nice comparison of JavaScript frameworks that includes Pyjamas (pyjs) as well as the obvious ones like Dojo and jQuery.


Despite the inability to easily share games inside of a web browser, I intend to keep focusing on Pygame for now.   I don't think JavaScript has the necessary structure for effective teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment