Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tiled Map Editor

In addition to thinking about moving my student's shooter game to the web, I've been thinking of the next type of game to work on.

Right now, I'm considering a tile map game.  This Tiled Map Editor looks interesting.

It listed these tools that work with Tiled on Python:

  • Pygame map loader by dr0id
  • PyTMX by Leif Theden (bitcraft)
  • tmx.py by Richard Jones, from his 2012 PyCon 'Introduction to Game Development' talk.
  • pytmxlib: library for programmatic manipulation of TMX maps


I'm hesitant to go down the path of making a 3D First Person Shooter (FPS) game with PyOgre or Panda3D.  I haven't looked at things like Kodu too much, though it does seem similar to Alice.

I also found an interesting Game Based Learning Wiki.


No comments:

Post a Comment