Tuesday, September 11, 2012

PyWeek

PyWeek is a challenge to write a game from scratch in one week.  I don't have an official entry, but I am engaging the community in discussion while I develop my own project in parallel to the challenge.  I hope to enter the challenge in 2013 with my son.

We're on day 3 of PyWeek 15.  The theme is "One Way Trip!"

As far as I know, there is no prize for winning except some minor recognition from a small community of online people.  My game tracks the story of one soldier through a battlefield.



I used Inkscape for the first time today.  I still find Inkscape and the GIMP difficult to use.  I'm using Audacity for the audio editing.

Tonight was also the first time I tried using sound channels.  Prior to this, sound was getting cut off every time I started a new Sound.play() action.  For example, the explosions and pistol shots could not occur at the same time.  By using the channels, I'm able to play multiple explosion and pistol sounds at the same time.  The documentation indicates that there are eight sound channels.


No comments:

Post a Comment